Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions is committed to protecting your privacy. In any event in which we ask you to provide certain information with identification purposes during your use of this website, this information will only be used within the terms and lmitations of this privacy statement.
On occasion, and when necessary, Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions may change certain detailed policy terms, in which case this section will be updated accordingly. You should check this section from time to time to verify that you accept any such amendments.
WHAT INFORMATION about me WILL YEDITEPE UNIVERSITY HEALTHCARE INSTITUTIONS COLLECT?
- Information regarding your visits to and your usage of this website (including your location, IP address, browser type and version, referral source, operating system, page views, length of visit). We gather this information using a method that ensures the anonymity of every user.
- Information provided when you fill in forms on this website, for example when you register to receive information such as newsletters.
- Information you may provide when you refer yourself or are referred by a doctor.
HOW WILL YEDITEPE UNIVERSITY HEALTHCARE INSTITUTIONS USE THIS INFORMATION?
This information plays a significant role in understanding your needs and providing you with the best service, for the reasons specified below:
- Improving the contents and design of this website
- It facilitates our being able to contact you regarding an enquiry/request you have made through us, such as requesting appointments with doctors.
- To provide information you may have requested such as newsletters, updates, etc.
- Medical details you electronically send us for evaluating your condition, arranging appointments or any other purpose, may be transmitted to medical doctors with admission rights at Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions for their professional opinion.
By sending us your details, scans, medical reports, etc., you accept and agree to that it may be required for us to forward this clinical information, electronically or in alternative formats.
Yeditepe University Healthcare Institutions will never share your information with any other organization for market research, marketing or commercial purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A “cookie” is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Our website uses three cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, with your consent. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a high-quality experience when you browse our website, and to improve our site.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can find more information about the individual analytical cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the list below:
COOKIES USED ON THE YEDITEPE UNIVERSITY HEALTHCARE INSTITUTIONS WEBSITE
Cookie 1 "Drupalsession"
This cookie enables us to:
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
Cookie 2 "has js"
Cookie 3 "utma, utmb, umtcandutmz (also known as Google Analytics)"
This cookie enables us to:
- Recognise you when you return to our site and track the pages you visit.
- Estimate our audience size.
- Monitor traffic levels and search queries.
Cookies do not harm your computer and do not enable us or any third party to view any information on your computer’s hard drive. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 23 days.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites; such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.